The Development Officer creates, implements and maintains strategies for internal events in west Tennessee and north Mississippi.
- Ensure the successful implementation of several chapter internal events (Dishes for Wishes, Make-A-Wish® Golf Tournament and Walk For Wishes®) to reach aggressive fundraising goals
- Identify, steward and solicit cash and in-kind sponsorships from individual and corporate donors
- Strategically develop and provide leadership to volunteer working committees
- Manage and adhere to campaign timelines and budgets by tracking revenue and expenses associated with assigned fundraising campaigns
- Oversee logistics, timelines and other operational elements for assigned fundraising campaigns
- Create and maintain basecamp sites for internal events and campaigns
- Train and manage development interns
- Executes Waiting for Wishes event in Tupelo, MS
- Oversee the Chi Omega national partnership
- Produce or advise on digital marketing, print pieces and signage for internal events
- Attend weekly Development Department Meetings, quarterly AR/TN Development Meetings and one-on-one meetings with the Vice President of Development as scheduled or requested
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested by the Vice President of Development
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university
- Minimum two years fund-raising or event planning experience preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities efficiently
- Ability to work with and build effective long-term relationships with a wide range of internal and external constituents
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Thorough understanding of the Memphis community as well as regional area
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
This position is located in Memphis, TN. To apply, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.