Oversees the Corporate Fundraising initiatives for the Mid-South chapter. Raises funds and awareness in the north Mississippi and west Tennessee regions through corporate and corporate foundation giving, the Wishmakers at Work program, and national corporate partnerships. Serves as the corporate giving expert for the Chapter and provides guidance to Development staff in Arkansas.
- Develops strategies and implements plans to cultivate, upgrade and acquire corporate giving through Wishmakers at Work efforts, matching gift opportunities, corporate giving, and sponsorships.
- Works with Make-A-Wish America to promote national partnerships on a local level.
- Supports event sponsorship prospect identification.
- Works with regional team to drive growth to achieve chapter revenue goals.
- Develop and increase funding from matching gift companies.
- Represent the chapter positively at speaking engagements and presentations to various groups and donors.
- Attends fundraising events when appropriate and approved. Evening and weekend work and/or travel are required with varying frequency.
- Assists the Development team with donor stewardship.
- Attends weekly Development Department Meetings, quarterly AR/TN Development Meetings and one-on- one meetings with the Director of Development as scheduled or requested.
- Prepares regularly scheduled or special reports accurately and efficiently.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in communications, marketing, non-profit management or similar field.
- Minimum three years fund-raising, sales or account management experience.
- Ideal candidates bring significant skill and experience in presenting to and managing relationships with corporations and senior executives.
- Ability to work and communicate with a wide range of internal and external constituents.
- Manages multiple priorities efficiently.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission of Make-A-Wish.
- Thorough understanding of the Memphis community as well as regional area.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. Comfortable speaking in front of groups.
- Experience in Raiser’s Edge preferred.
This position is located in Memphis, TN. To apply, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.