Provides accounting assistance to the VP of Finance & Operations ~ including accounts payable, general journal entries, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Accounts Payable:
- Enters the weekly Accounts Payable invoices and expense reimbursement requests into the financial accounting system.
- Distributes the signed accounts payable checks to the payee as directed.
- Maintains the accounts payable paid invoice files.
- Employee Corporate Credit Cards
- Prepares monthly employee statements and expense workbooks for distribution to staff.
- Reconciles receipts to the employees’ expense reports, codes for entry and sends to appropriate managers for review and approval.
- Enters the monthly expense reports into the financial accounting system.
- Journal Entries:
- Prepares monthly journal entries into the financial accounting system, including employee corporate credit cards, prepaid expenses, bank fees, depreciation, gift batches and others as directed by VP of Finance & Operations.
- Prepares monthly bank and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- In-Kind Calculations:
- Prepares in-kind calculations for national and local donors.
- Reconciles monthly corporate credit cards for wish families and airline purchases.
Database – Donors & Gifts ~ In-Kind
- Maintains the in-kind donor records in the donor database ~ following the organization’s business rules.
- Prepares and enters the monthly gift batches for in-kind donations.
- Prepares the acknowledgement letters for all in-kind gifts.
- Act as back up to the Office Administrator ~ including greeting all visitors to the office, answering the incoming calls, notifying appropriate office staff and assisting with gift entry into the donor database.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications & Skills
- College education (majoring in business or accounting) preferred & a minimum 3 years of accounting experience.
- Demonstrates the ability to focus on details and manage and prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, and/or similar database system.
- Proficiency in Financial Edge, NetSuite and/or similar accounting software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with emphasis on Excel.
This position is located in Memphis, TN. To apply, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.