The Associate Director of Development is responsible for achieving overall fundraising goals for the chapter. The position supervises staff and volunteers involved in development functions by providing leadership and support. The work includes the creation of the annual development plan and other fundraising strategies to achieve overall financial goals.
Qualifications & Skills
- Provides vision and leadership for all aspects of the annual giving program which includes a comprehensive strategy targeting long and short-term giving goals.
- Oversees a portfolio of current and lapsed individual donors to encourage renewal and increased donor support. Identifies new prospective donors to cultivate, solicit and steward.
- Identify and help develop new strategic and collaborative funding opportunities/initiatives with current and potential partners.
- Manages online giving, tribute contributions and the direct mail program for the chapter.
- Responsible for the planning, production and wrap-up for the Season of Wishes annual campaign.
- Supervises Development Officers and Corporate Development Manager in Memphis Office to carry out organizational development goals and objectives.
- Establishes and maintains a highly engaging donor stewardship plan for the chapter
- Develops the appropriate print materials (brochures, promotional materials, appeals and online content) in collaboration with the Director of Communications to support every aspect of the individual giving plan.
- Attends fundraising events when appropriate and approved. Evening and weekend work and/or travel are required with varying frequency.
- Attends weekly Development Department Meetings, quarterly AR/TN Development Meetings and one-on-one meetings with the Vice President of Development as scheduled or requested.
- Prepares regularly scheduled or special reports accurately and efficiently
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested by the Vice President of Development
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in communications, marketing, non-profit management or similar field
- Minimum three years fund-raising, sales or account management experience
- Minimum two years management experience preferred
- Ability to work and communicate with a wide range of internal and external constituents
- Manages multiple priorities efficiently
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission of Make-A-Wish
- Thorough understanding of the Memphis community as well as regional area
- Familiar with prospect/donor research
- Strong professional ethics and appearance
- Experience in Raiser’s Edge preferred
This position is located in Memphis, TN. To apply, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.