- Wish Coordinator, Memphis, TN
- Development Officer, Little Rock, AR
Works with the wish families, volunteers, and other departments to assure that wish fulfillments and associated details are coordinated and records are maintained.
- Daily management of the wish granting process including all arrangements necessary in organizing and carrying out the wish in accordance with the National Performance Standards and the Mid-South Chapter Policies and Guidelines.
- Makes all arrangements for wish fulfillments and ensures necessary documentation is obtained.
- Provides information to wish families about the wish details.
- Solicits in-kind for wishes, adheres to wish expense approval procedures, and processes wish expenses and in-kind in a timely manner.
- Completes pending wish children and completes reports to the Finance Department quarterly.
- Communicates closely with volunteers and oversees the wish reveal process.
- Documents the details of the wish process in wish file & in Raiser’s Edge.
- Works wish assists requested by other chapters.
- On call, during after work hours, via cell phone.
- Closes out wish files each quarter properly and ensures all necessary items are present.
- Works with Director of Communications and Marketing to generate regular wish publicity.
- Works with other staff to coordinate support of events where wish children are invited to attend.
- Works with other departments to assign appropriate wish children to sponsors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university preferred. Multiple years of related experience will be considered.
- Demonstrates the ability to focus on details and prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
- Ability to work in a technological environment demonstrating proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and data base applications.
- Ability to motivate, support, and work directly with a diverse constituency.
- Establish & maintain filing systems.
- Proficient in Raiser’s Edge by Blackbaud and data management preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
This position is located in Memphis, TN. To apply, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Little Rock, AR
Increase financial resources and awareness for Make-A-Wish Mid-South. Meet set fundraising goals through the management of all fundraising areas in Central and South Arkansas.
- Develop strategies and implement plans to renew, upgrade and acquire corporations through Wishmakers at Work efforts, matching gift opportunities, cause marketing, corporate giving and sponsorships.
- Coordinate external special events to ensure that event policies are being adhered to and meet the requirement for maintaining the Make-A-Wish® brand.
- Create and implement plan for solicitation and cultivation of schools and youth groups through the Kids for Wish Kids program.
- Manage the Central Arkansas Regional Board program and activities
- Oversee and execute the planning, production and logistics of Evening of Wishes event and Heart-filled Wish-A-Thon.
- Solicit and secure donations from Clubs and Organizations, Family and Community Foundations, Individuals and Monthly Wishmakers.
- Represent the Foundation positively at speaking engagements/presentations to various groups and donors.
- Manage the Young Professionals Group growing their membership and their fundraising.
- Oversee development intern and supervise their progress and activity.
- Establish and maintain excellent donor relationships by implementing the chapter donor stewardship plan.
- Attend fundraising events when appropriate and approved. Evening and weekend work and/or travel are required with varying frequency.
- Participate in weekly Development Department Meetings, quarterly Department Meetings and one-on-one meetings with the VP of Development as scheduled or requested.
- Act as a liaison between Wish Sponsors and volunteers when needed and as appropriate.
- Prepare regularly scheduled or special reports accurately and efficiently.
- Work independently and efficiently with minimal onsite supervision.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university
- Minimum two years fund-raising, sales or event planning experience preferred.
- Demonstrate the ability to focus on details
- Manage and prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Ability to motivate and support a diverse constituency
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission of Make-A-Wish
- Thorough understanding of the Little Rock community as well as regional area
- Has the ability and willingness to travel regionally as required in this position
- Problem Solving
- Professional appearance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge
This position is located in Little Rock, AR. To apply, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.