Little Rock, AR
The Regional Director is responsible for achieving overall and individual fundraising goals in Arkansas. The position supervises staff and volunteers involved in Development functions by providing leadership and support as well as providing leadership to the staff in the Little Rock, Arkansas field office. The work includes the creation of the annual development plan and other fundraising strategies to achieve overall financial goals in Arkansas.
• Plans and implements a comprehensive fundraising program for the region. With the Development Team, drive donation growth to ensure a stable financial base that supports statewide operations including individual solicitations, major gifts, corporate giving, workplace giving initiatives, grants, sponsorships, and internal and external fundraising events
• Responsible for the solicitation and stewardship of assigned individual and corporate donors in Central and South Arkansas.
• Supervises and provides coaching and mentoring to the Development Officer, the Development Coordinator and the Community Outreach Coordinator to carry out organizational development goals and objectives. Weekly meetings (phone or in person) as well as at a minimum quarterly travelling to NE and NW Arkansas to coach in person are expected.
• Manages regional office operations, including internal controls, financial accountability for contributions, compliance to national performance standards, ensuring sound business practices and fiscal responsibility.
• Oversees the Central AR Wish Council programs and activities.
• Makes Wish Sponsor assignments for waiting wish children on a weekly basis.
• Responsible for the solicitation of assigned donors and ensures the proper keeping of donor records. Establishes and maintains excellent donor relationships by implementing the chapter donor stewardship plan.
• Represents the Foundation at events and speaking engagements as appropriate.
• Builds appropriate partnerships with Board members, event committees, staff, volunteers, wish families, community partners and the public to accomplish goals.
• Evening and weekend work and/or travel are required with varying frequency.
• Attends weekly Development Department Meetings, quarterly AR/TN Development Meetings, quarterly all staff meetings and one-on-one meetings with the CEO as scheduled or requested.
• Prepares regularly scheduled or special reports accurately and efficiently.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university
• Minimum five years fund-raising, sales or account management experience
• Minimum five years management experience with remote management preferred
• Non-Profit experience is preferred.
• Proficient in Raiser’s Edge by Blackbaud preferred.