Works with the wish families, volunteers, and other departments to assure that wish fulfillments and associated details are coordinated and records are maintained.
- Daily management of the wish granting process including all arrangements necessary in organizing and carrying out the wish in accordance with the National Performance Standards and the Mid-South Chapter Policies and Guidelines.
- Makes all arrangements for wish fulfillments and ensures necessary documentation is obtained.
- Provides information to wish families about the wish details.
- Solicits in-kind for wishes, adheres to wish expense approval procedures, and processes wish expenses and in-kind in a timely manner.
- Completes pending wish children and completes reports to the Finance Department quarterly.
- Communicates closely with volunteers and oversees the wish reveal process.
- Documents the details of the wish process in wish file & in Raiser’s Edge.
- Works wish assists requested by other chapters.
- On call, during after work hours, via cell phone.
- Closes out wish files each quarter properly and ensures all necessary items are present.
- Works with Director of Communications and Marketing to generate regular wish publicity.
- Works with other staff to coordinate support of events where wish children are invited to attend.
- Works with other departments to assign appropriate wish children to sponsors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university preferred. Multiple years of related experience will be considered.
- Demonstrates the ability to focus on details and prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
- Ability to work in a technological environment demonstrating proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and data base applications.
- Ability to motivate, support, and work directly with a diverse constituency.
- Establish & maintain filing systems.
- Proficient in Raiser’s Edge by Blackbaud and data management preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
This position is located in Memphis, TN. To apply, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.